What can you get for £300,000?
No matter what your budget, you’ll still have a lot of choice on what property is right for you. It’s unlikely you’ll get everything you want, unless your budget is pretty big, so work out what really matters to you so you can secure the right home in today’s competitive market.
- Is it location? You’ll pay a premium to be by shops, public transport links and good schools - and may have to sacrifice on the amount of space
- Maybe space is the most important factor. If so, you’re more likely to be looking for houses away from town centres and major facilities
- Number of bedrooms could be the driving force for your move if you have a large family, or want to rent out rooms
- Outside space is more important to some people than the amount of space inside
- The presentation and condition of the property is a big influence for many buyers – some people want to move straight in and not do anything, not even a lick of paint
It’s important to understand what your deal breakers are. The housing market is moving quickly at the moment and if you want to move home, it’s important you know what you’re prepared to compromise on, so you don’t waste time viewing and considering properties that aren’t right for you, while other properties are getting snapped up.
If you have approximately £300,000 to invest in your next home here’s a few ideas:
You could get a three bedroom semi-detached in Shirley with a study, large driveway and dining kitchen: https://www.smart-homes.co.uk/details/property/19110-a-three-bedroom-semi-detached-property-in-wiseacre-croft-shirley
Or a brand new three bedroom detached in Studley with a high specification in a rural area: https://www.smart-homes.co.uk/details/property/27603-brand-new-3-bedroom-detached-house-in-station-place-station-road-studley
Or a two bedroom apartment in central Solihull for the over 55’s in beautiful communal grounds: https://www.smart-homes.co.uk/details/property/24279-a-two-bedroom-top-floor-apartment-in-streetsbrook-road-solihull
If you’d like to arrange a valuation or want some advice on moving home, please call us on 0121 744 4144. Or click here to find out why you should choose smarthomes to sell your home: