5th May 2015
Ed Miliband has promised rent increases would be capped at inflation and tenants given standard three-year contracts to stop tenants being “ripped off”. Does this influence the way you will vote?
There were three straightforward answers that they could respond to:
- Yes, I’m less likely to vote labour
- No, this does not influence my vote
- Yes, I’m more likely to vote labour
Within just a couple of days PIMS received over 500 votes with an overwhelming majority of landlords stating that they would be less likely to vote Labour.
- Yes, I’m less likely to vote Labour 62.67%
- No, this does not influence my vote 32.57%
- Yes, I’m more likely to vote Labour 4.76%
Richard Merrick of PIMS.co.uk says : “PIMS does not wish to become involved with the political posturing that all parties are now engaging in their “staged” public addresses, however we wrote a blog post on exactly what the Main Parties are using in their manifestos, that will directly affect landlords and the private rented sector.”